I've been thinking about the recipes I use primarily at holidays and this one is special.
Divinity is a lot of work and sometimes a failure so I don't make it year round.
* 2 cups sugar
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/3 cup light corn syrup
* 2 egg whites
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup diced candied cherries
* 1/4 cup diced candied pineapple
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, water and corn syrup; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 250 degrees F (hard-ball stage). Remove from the heat.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Slowly pour hot sugar mixture over egg whites, beating constantly. Add vanilla and salt. Beat until candy loses its gloss and holds its shape, about 14 minutes. Stir in fruit and nuts.
3. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper.
Best Cruises for Kids & Families
7 hours ago